Displaying present location in the site.
GBASGround-Based Augmentation System
The Ground-Based Augmentation System (GBAS) is a safety-critical NAVAIDS system that augments GPS approach and landing.
The GBAS is expected to support all-weather Operations at CAT-Ⅰ/Ⅱ/Ⅲ. GBAS CAT-Ⅰ operation is a first step towards the more critical operations of CAT-Ⅱ/Ⅲ precision approach and landing. The operational benefits of GBAS are:
- Flexible approach path reducing flying time, fuel consumption, CO2, etc.
- Supporting all aircraft operations, surface movement, departure,approach and landing within the GBAS coverage
- One GBAS Ground Station supports aircraft approach and landing to multiple runway ends It reduces installation and maintenance cost and installation site area
NEC GBAS features
- Compliant with International Standard ICAO Annex 10 SARPs
- Adaptability for any site conditions (including ionosphere, troposphere, multi-path)
- Lightning protection by optical fiber lines for terrestrial networking
- Anomalous-signal detection technique by high skill in data-mining technology
- High-speed processor for Real Time processing of GPS signal