Displaying present location in the site.
NEC Storage BaseProduct
NEC Storage BaseProduct is requisite in using NEC Storage M300/M310/M310F, M500 series, M700 series.
NEC Storage BaseProduct contains the following software programs.
- Storage Control Software
This software program is responsible for basic control of a disk array.
- NEC Storage Manager Express
This software program, which runs on a disk array, manages the disk array efficiently.
- NEC Storage Manager
This software program, which runs on PC and Express series, manages disk arrays centrally and efficiently.
- NEC Storage Manager Integration Base
This software program works together with NEC Storage Manager and allows for integrated monitoring and control by using software programs.
- NEC Storage AccessControl
This software program configures access to logical disks from servers to prevent corruption, leakage, and tampering of data caused by unexpected or unauthorized access.
- NEC Storage StoragePowerConserver
This software program saves power consumption by spinning physical disks that are not used constantly when they are needed.
(M310F / M710F disk array is not supported.)
- NEC Storage ThinProvisioning
This software program allows for efficient use of a disk array’s capacity by automatically allocating the capacity to volumes according to the amount of data written to the volumes.
- NEC Storage DataMigration
This software program transfers data at high speed from a disk array of existing NEC Storage series to a disk array of NEC Storage M series.
- SMI-S Provider
A disk array can be monitored and its configurations can be changed by a management tool supporting SMI-S (*).
* SMI-S (Storage Management Initiative-Specification) is a storage management standard developed by SNIA (Storage Networking Industry Association).
This product supports the following management tools:
- Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 Virtual Machine Manager
- Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- NEC SigmaSystemCenter 3.2 to 3.4
SMI-S has some restrictions on the configuration of NEC Storage disk array to manage.