Displaying present location in the site.
1. NEC Storage
- Q1What is "NEC Storage"?
"NEC Storage" is the series of storage system products offered by NEC Corporation.
- Q2What are the specific features of NEC Storage?
Please refer to the Hardware and Software sections of the specific features of NEC Storage.
2. Host Interface
- Q1What are the platforms that can be connected?
Major platforms such as Windows, Linux, VMware, HP-UX, Solaris and AIX can be connected though some conditions have to be met. For details, please contact local NEC offices.
- Q2Is it possible to connect NEC Storage to the servers of other vendors?
Some conditions have to be met in connecting them to other vendor's servers. For details, please contact local NEC offices.
- Q3What are the host interfaces of NEC Storage?
Fibre channel, iSCSI and SAS interface. Please refer to the specification sheet of each product for details.
- Q4How many host ports does the disk array of NEC Storage have?
Each product has different number of host ports. Please refer to the specification sheet of each product for details.
- Q5What is the type of connectors of host interface?
LC connector for Fibre channel and iSCSI(Optical), RJ-45 connector for iSCSI(Copper).
3. Size of the chassis
- Q1What is the size of NEC Storage?
Please refer to the specification sheet of each product.
- Q2Is it possible to use stadard 19" rack to install the NEC Storage?
Standard 19" rack can be used for NEC Storage products.
4. Internal function of NEC Storage disk array.
- Q1What is the purpose of Cache Memory? Is it necessary?
The purpose of cache memory is to improve response time of disk array though it depends on the type of data to be accessed.
- Q2What is the supported RAID type?
RAID-0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, TM
- Q3What is the Drive Interface?
It is the internal interface between DAC(*) and DE(*), or between DE's.
SAS3.0 (12Gbps) is used for this interface.
* DAC stands for Disk Array Controller, and DE stands for Disk Enclosure.
- Q4What happens if some disk drives fail?
Failure of a single disk drive does not cause an immediate system failure because of the redundant configuration of the RAID employed. If Hot Spare Disks are installed, NEC Storage can use the spare disk as a replacement of the failed drive by automatically writing the data in the failed drive to the spare disk.