Displaying present location in the site.
MasterScope JobCenter - Technical Details
Job operation management
Creating a job network
- A job network can be easily created by dragging and dropping objects on the GUI screen.
- Defining a job network enables to define job execution integrated with UNIX or Windows. (For example, after the Windows machine in each branch office completes data gathering, the UNIX server at headquarters starts statistical processing.)
- A large job can also be built by creating a hierarchical job network.
|The smallest component that is executed as a job.
|The smallest component that is executed as a SAP ERP job.
|The smallest component that is executed as a SAP BI job.
|The smallest component that is executed as a SAP PC job.
|WebOTX Batch Server job can be executed at any time from JobCenter by using the WebOTX Batch Server control command.
|The smallest component that is executed as a custom job.
|Sub Job Network
|The smallest component that is executed as a job network. Job networks can be defined hierarchically by being placing in the job network flow.
|A part for waiting for a response from the user.
|A part used for changing the following job network flow according to the exit code of a unit job or sub-job network.
|A calendar branch is a part that executes a flow according to a schedule. If the specified schedule condition is satisfied, the right flow is selected. If not, the downside flow is selected.
|Executes several jobs or sub job networks.
|The subsequent parts are executed if one of multiple OR Branch flows finishes.
|Jumps to the pre-specified unit job, ERP job, BI job, PC job, WOBS job, custom job, or dialog part or re-executes the process after that job.
|Waits for end of a specified job network.
|Waits for end of a specified job.
|Waits for existence of a specified file.
|Waits for a specified time to reach.
|A unit for transmitting an event from a job network to another job network.
|A unit for receiving an event at a job network from another job network.
- Jobs can be automatically executed by applying an operating day calendar.
- The calendar can be easily set up by using the GUI.
- An advanced execution calendar can be created by combining multiple rules.
Job execution status monitoring
- The execution results for a specific period can be listed.
- The jobs reserved on the calendar can be viewed as WAIT (scheduled jobs).
- Job errors can be checked at a glance because the execution results are color-coded. The execution time can be displayed in a graph (Gantt chart).
Extensive job definition and migration features
Definition Helper (Consolidated editing in Excel)
The job network parts, schedule, and operating day calendar can be set up using Excel. The job network flow can also be graphically displayed in Excel, and the operating day and time can be also checked. Definition Helper can be used to maintain periodic batch job definitions, develop large-scale batch jobs, and back up definition information.
Import / export features
Definitions of the job network, schedule and calendar on JobCenter can be imported and exported from the GUI or the target server command line. For example, when the machine environment needs to be migrated, definition information can be selected and exported collectively, individually, or according to user specification, so that only required information for the destination machine can be imported.
Load balanced environment
The network load status is monitored and jobs are automatically dispatched to the machine with low load. In addition, jobs can be controlled by using queues such as the following.
- Specifying the job execution start priorities between queues.
- Limiting the maximum number of concurrent requests and specifying the resource limits in the queue.
In a cluster environment, jobs currently being executed can be taken over to another node if the current node fails. This ensures the job operation of mission-critical businesses.
- Redundant Monitoring Managers: Prevent the job execution status monitoring from stopping if the node fails.
- Redundant Job Execution Servers: Ensure continuous job execution through job migration.
Integration with other software applications
- The SAP ERP Option has been certified by SAP AG (Interface: BC-XBP 2.0). Therefore, SAP ERP job operation can be run from JobCenter using interfaces certified by SAP.
- The job network lets you define the linkage between ERP jobs and normal jobs, and check the execution status and results of ERP jobs on the GUI screen.
- The execution of ERP jobs can be controlled from the job network (forcible termination/start, suspension and cancellation of suspension, skip and cancellation of skip, re-execution).