CCPA Privacy Notice for California ConsumersEffective: January 1, 2021
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is in force effective January 1, 2020. This notice outlines the specific disclosures required by the CCPA.
Personal Information That We Collect
How We Collect Information
We collect information from a variety of sources. The following are categories of sources from which information may be collected:
- When you contact us via the application form on the Site, or otherwise actively send us data (in each such instance, you will know what data we collect through the Site, because you actively submit it); and
Automatically from your computer or mobile device through cookies and online tools.
This site and related pages have pages with a technology called "cookies" so that customers can use it more conveniently when they visit this website and related pages again.
"Cookies" can identify your computer, but cannot identify you unless you enter your personal information. Depending on the browser you are using, you can change the setting to disable the cookie function, but as a result, you may not be able to use all or part of the services on the web page.
NEC uses the following cookies on this event site.
-Social Plugin cookies
With Whom We Share Your Information With
Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to know whether your personal information is being sold.
Your personal information is sold when it is shared with a third party for monetary or other valuable considerations.
We may disclose your personal information for business or commercial purposes, which could be considered a “sale” under the CCPA.
For the purposes described below, we may disclose your personal information to NEC Asia Pacific, which is our subsidiary.
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information.You can opt-out of it from our “Do NotSell My Personal Information” page or writing to us at email@example.com.
【Business or Commercial Purposes for Sale】
- (1)To respond to contact relevant to Digital Finance
- (2)To provide information about Digital Finance products, services, and solutions.
- (3)To conduct surveys and analysis, and analyze website access trends so as to improve products and services.
- (4)To share of business leads/opportunities opportunities and cooperate with market cultivation
- (5)To provide personal information to NEC Group companies, NEC distributors, etc.
- (6)To contact customers.
Under the CCPA, you have the right
- to know the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information collected about you, including whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and the purpose, and with whom your personal information was shared;
- to request deletion of personal information;
- to access a copy of the personal information we retain about you;
- to opt-out of the sale of personal information; and
- to ensure that consumers are not discriminated against for exercising any of their rights
You can submit a request to us through the "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" page or writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However we reserve the right to use information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of the individual, we may require additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.
Digital Integration division, NEC Corporation
7-1, Shiba 5-chome Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8001 Japan