Displaying present location in the site.
Information to be provided where Personal Data Are Collected
Please download after having carefully read and given consent to the following:
1. Controller of the Personal Data
- (1)Company name: NEC Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "NEC")
- (2)Contact details Senior Director, IMC Department, NEC Corporation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- (3)Postal address: 7-1, Shiba 5-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo Japan 108-8001
2. Categories of the Personal Data
Your personal data includes name, email, corporate information (name of company, division, residential country or area, position), questionnaire response, access logs, inquiry content
3. Purposes of Processing for the Personal Data
- (1)To respond to inquiries.
- (2)To respond to requests (such as to the downloaded materials and to provide materials or information).
- (3)To introduce or relay information about companies (NEC Group companies, NEC distributors, etc.) that deal with NEC products, services, and solutions.
- (4)To provide information or publicity materials about NEC products, services, and solutions.
- (5)To provide information about events such as seminars and exhibitions.
- (6)To conduct surveys and analysis, and analyze website access trends so as to improve products and services.
- (7)To contact customers for any further follow-up in communications.
4. Legal Basis for processing
5. Recipients of the Personal Data
Upon the assurance that sufficient safety control measures have been established and having concluded agreements concerning the processing of personal data, NEC and NEC Group companies, NEC affiliates throughout the world receive your personal data within the scope of the purposes stated the above
6. Overseas Transfer of the Personal Data
NEC Corporation manages and operates this inquiry page in Japan.
- (1)Information transfer to a third country: Upon receipt of your inquiry, your personal data will be sent to Japan. And the submitted your personal information will be processed in the service provider facility in USA where is not recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection of personal data.
- (2)Existence or absence of an adequacy decision by the European Commission: As of January 23rd, 2019, Japan has been recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection of personal data.
- (3)Appropriate protection measures: NEC manages the personal data with which it is entrusted through the appropriate implementation of security measures such as access identification and authentication, restrictions on access, authority management, record-keeping, protection against illegal software, and safe procedures for transferring and transmitting data.
- (4)Means and place for the acquisition of the copy of appropriate security measures: Please request to the Controller of the Personal Data by this inquiry form.
7. Period for Which the Personal Data Will Be Stored
Personal data may be stored for as long as necessary to achieve the stated purpose for using it.
8. Rights of the Data Subject
You have the right with regard to the personal data which you provide as follows:
- The right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject
- The right to object to processing concerning the data subject
- The right to data portability: The right to receive the personal data, which the data subject has provided to a data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided (NEC)
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if it exists, in the country or region that the data object belongs
- The right to object (free of charge and at first request) against the intended processing of his/her personal data, if the processing is undertaken for direct marketing purposes.
9. Statutory or Contractual Requirement Concerning the Provision of the Personal Data
Provision of the personal data is not a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, and you are not obliged to provide personal data. However, if you choose not to provide personal data, it may not be possible to respond to some inquiries.
10. Non-existence of Decision-making Based Solely on Automated Processing
The access log for this website undergoes analysis, however, we do not make decisions that might affect you based solely on automated processing of the personal data that you provide, including profiling, in order to analyze or predict your likes and dislikes or personal behavior.
- Date and time of your visit, duration of your visit, what pages you accessed
- Information about your computer and devices, including your IP address, device type, language, browser type and version
12. Parental Consent
If you are under the age of 16, please make your inquiry ONLY AFTER obtaining consent given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility over you.
13. Encrypted Communication
The inquiry form on this page uses encrypted communication via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for personal data protection.
14. Security of Processing the Personal Data
Recipients of the personal data implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is in force effective January 1, 2020.
The California Privacy Rights Act(CPRA) is will come into force on January 1, 2023.
This notice outlines the specific disclosures required by the CCPA and CPRA.
1. Personal Information That We Collect
You have the right to know the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information that NEC is collecting through this page and the purpose of the collection.
To respond to your inquiries and requests related to the event and to provide relevant marketing materials (DM, email, phone, etc.) to you, we collect the following information about you:
Your corporate information (name of company, division, address, line of work, position), name, email address, phone number, questionnaire response, access logs, inquiry content.
We do not collect Sensitive Personal Information.
2. How We Collect Information
You have the right to know how personal information is obtained, how it is used, and our business purposes for that use.
In relation to this page, we collect your personal information directly from you through the "Contact Us" section of the website, or other means when you actively submit to us.
3. With Whom We Share Your Information With
You have the right to know if your personal information is shared with any third party. NEC do not share personal information of Californian residents with third parties, including NEC group companies and NEC affiliates.
4. Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to know whether your personal information is being sold. Your personal information is sold when it is shared with a third party for monetary or other valuable considerations.
NEC does not sell your personal information, thus we do not provide an opt-out.
5. Your Rights
Under the CCPA, you have the right to know the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information collected about you, including whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and the purpose, and with whom your personal information was shared;
To request deletion of personal information;
To access a copy of the personal information we retain about you;
To opt-out of the sale of personal information; and
To ensure that consumers are not discriminated against for exercising any of their rights
You can submit a request to us at email@example.com. However, we reserve the right to use information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of the individual, we may require additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.