Basic Policy of Social Contribution Activities
Three Mid-term Themes of Social Contribution Activities
NEC Group established the corporate philosophy "NEC strives through "C&C" to help advance societies worldwide toward deepened mutual understanding and the fulfillment of human potential." in 1990.
To realize this corporate philosophy, we are conducting social contribution activities based on three mid-term themes.
Basic Policy of Social Contribution Program Creation
We established the basic policies for our social contribution program creation in order to carry out sustainable programs which contribute to the society, and conduct them based on these basic policies.
1.Effective utilization of management resources
- Management resources: Funds, products, human resources, facilities, information/knowledge, etc.
- Relationships with businesses
2.Partnerships with NPOs and NGOs
- Promoting the solving of social problems based on win-win relations.
- Supporting the creation of social businesses.
- Strengthening NPO foundation.
3.Connections between Group companies and employee participation
- Energizing NEC Make-a-Difference Drive (MDD)
- Promoting employee volunteer activities
4.Contributing to improving our corporate value
- Visible activities of NEC's presence
- Cutting-edge volunteer programs
- Promoting information delivery
Guidelines for Coordination with NPOs
We assess the partnership using the following five (5) criteria when establishing a relationship with NPO/NGO.
1.Certified by the NPO Law (In principle)
- Must have advanced and unique activities, and prior history.
- Must have specialized know-how, the ability to complete projects and the ability to output information.
- Making efforts to disclose the status of financial management, revenues and the source of funds.
- Have diverse financial resources.
- Clear mission, vision, goals and personnel makeup.
- Clear division of labor between management, specialized staff, paid staff, volunteers, etc.
5.Leadership and management
- Clear leadership, enthusiasm, and high qualities of responsible personnel.
- Considers governability, transparency, and accountability.
Social Contribution Program Assessment System
We assess all social contribution programs each year based on the social contribution program assessment system.
Assessment criteria: Social value
Assessment criteria: Value for NEC