PASOLINK NEO Extension, NEC's Compact STM-1 Multiplexer,is a multiplexer of the PASOLINK family that works with PASOLINK NEO, NEO/c and NEO HP for mobile communication networks.
Wide variety of network topologies
- PASOLINK NEO Extension supports various network topologies such as Liner, SDH/PDH Ring, 75E1 PDH, Ether over SDH/PDH.
Wide variety of interfaces
- PASOLINK NEO Extension provides various interfaces such as E1, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet and STM-1.
Flexible bandwidth using GFP, VCAT and LCAS
- For IP packet transport, PASOLINK NEO Extension supports the establishment of transparent paths over Ethernet. For efficient and reliable Ethernet transport, VC-12-X virtual concatenation (VCAT) and GFP (Generic Framing Procedure) are adopted. The GFP adaptation encapsulates Ethernet MAC frame for subsequent transport over SDH networks. VCAT enables GFP adaptation to establish flexible bandwidth. While VCAT provides the ability to “right size” SDH, Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) increases the flexibility of VCAT by allowing dynamic reconfiguration of VCAT channels.
- Maximum 80E1 add drop is available.
MultiMUX PDH mode
- Maximum 75E1 channels are mapped on the STM-1 frame effectively using overhead byte. This mode is applicable for point-to-point configuration.
Ether over PDH
- Ether over PDH utilizing GFP, VCAT and LCAS is configured.
- 80xE1 and 2xSTM-1 full-matrix cross-connect such as terminal, repeater, hairpin and broadcast mode are provided.
- Multiple switch protection for electrical or optical STM-1 line protection, SNCP path and tributary channel protection are provided.