Last Updated: October 11, 2017
About our privacy practices
By offering various Internet-related products, services, and solutions, NEC Corporation ("NEC") contributes to society as a global leading company which realizes an "information society friendly to humans and the earth" through innovation.
- NEC obtains, uses and provides personal information properly based on Japanese Industrial Standard's "Personal Information Protection Management Systems - Requirements (JISQ 15001:2006)". NEC assigns a person in charge of protecting personal information at each of its relevant divisions, taking account of its organizational structure. Among other things, NEC takes appropriate measures not to handle personal information other than for the specified purposes.
- NEC abides by the laws, regulations and guidelines of Japan pertaining to the protection of personal information.
- NEC makes efforts to implement, through the adoption of necessary and appropriate security measures, the security control of personal information handled by NEC, including protection from disclosure, loss or damage.
- NEC appropriately responds to complaints and requests for consultation with respect to NEC's handling of personal information and its personal information protection management system. Please contact the designated person or place for inquiries.
- NEC makes efforts to continuously improve its personal information protection management system, including this policy.
Revised : April 1, 2016
A. About links to websites other than NEC
On NEC's sites, there are some Website links that direct the user to NEC Group companies' sites or third party sites for the convenience of the said user.
When switching to those sites, users leave NEC's sites.
Some Websites linked to NEC may have an NEC mark (logo). However, NEC is not responsible for the contents of these sites, or for the protection of the said user's personal information on any Websites linked to NEC's Websites.
B. Notice for those under 16 years of age
If you are under the age of 16, please make sure that you provide us with your personal information only after obtaining parental consent.
C. Inquiry contact regarding personal information/contact for complaints
For personal information handling, please get in touch with the contacts described at the time of registration.
If you do not know whom to contact, please get in touch with the inquiry contact regarding personal information. NEC will respond after confirming the details.
D. Notice regarding this website
On NEC's Websites, there are pages where a technology called "cookies" is used so that visitors may use the site more conveniently when they return to it.
"Cookies" is an industry standard technology by which a Web server identifies the computer of the visitor. While a cookie enables a Web server to identify the computer of a visitor, it cannot identify the visitor unless they input their personal information. Depending on the browser used, a visitor may change the settings to turn off the cookies. However, if the visitor does so, all or part of the services on the site may become unavailable.
On NEC's Websites, there are pages where a technology called "Web beacons" ("clear GIF") is used. The beacons help us to determine how many times a page has been viewed. Statistical data collected by Web beacons is generally used to improve NEC's Websites.
On NEC's Websites, there are pages where a tool is generally used to perform statistical analyses of user behavior. Information collected by this statistical tool is generally used to improve NEC's Websites.
"Cookies" is a technology used to identify a computer that is browsing a Website through the Internet. A cookie is a small packet of information transmitted from a Web server to the user's computer, and may be stored as a file on the said user's hard disk. The purpose of this technology is to store, on the user's computer, information regarding the Web server.
By doing so, even when the visitor leaves the site, when the visitor returns to it, the Web server can identify the user's computer by reading the cookie stored on the said user's computer.
Web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. These beacons may be placed as a graphical image on specific pages across a Website. They collect aggregate statistics on Website usage by monitoring certain types of information on the user's computer.
E. About privacy mark
NEC Corporation is certified by the Japan Information Processing Development Center (JIPDEC) for granting the Privacy Mark to be granted to enterprisers which conduct proper handling of the personal information.
For more details of the Privacy Mark, please visit the Privacy Mark page of JIPDEC website by clicking the mark on the left (Japanese Only).
- a.When handling personal information, the law of Japan is applicable to our company.
- b.Laws and regulations about handling personal information are different among countries or areas, so when an application of the law is given priority, the standard of the personal information protection will not be always the same among PrivacyMark entities.