Displaying present location in the site.
Case Study: Cannes Film Festival
Cannes Film Festival - France
The Festival de Cannes (Cannes Film Festival), like the Mostra International d'Arte Cinematografica in Venice and the Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin, is among the global film industry's most renowned cinema showcases.
The scale of the event involves administering over about 30,000 Festival authorizations, 20,000 daily passes, 30,000 onsite tickets, as well as access to and control of over about 2,000 film showings. Also, journalists' requirements for smooth, uninterrupted data transmission must be accommodated to ensure timely delivery of their media reports.
NEC IT approach
- A network of 10 servers, 350 desktop pcs including POWERMATE ML460 equipped with Intel® vPro technology, and 50 Virtual PC thin client terminal (US100)
- Express 5800/320Fb server assures high levels of service continuity and consistency
- NEC ExpressCluster® software makes critical applications accessible
- High-capacity, high-performance NEC storage solutions
- Data recoverable when lost or seriously deteriorated
- Ultra-rapid, secure communication
- Wi-Fi access
IT improvements & user benefits
- 100% mobile office for journalists
- Real PC performance with enhanced ergonomics
- Total operational flexibility
- Data security
- Positive economy of scale
- High availability of operations
- IT Architecture security with centralized management
- Simple installation and support