Information to be Provided where Personal Data Are Collected
(on the MWC Barcelona 2023, from February 27 to March 2, 2023)
1. Controller of the Personal Data
- (1)Company name: NEC Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "NEC" as a generic term)
- (2)Means of contact: (by this email address): email@example.com
2. Purposes of Processing for the Personal Data
- (1)To respond to inquiries
- (2)To respond to requests (such as by providing materials or information, or returning verification results)
- (3)To introduce or relay information about companies (NEC Group companies, NEC distributors, etc.) that deal with NEC products, services, and solutions
- (4)To provide information or publicity materials about NEC products, services, and solutions
- (5)To provide information about events such as seminars and exhibitions
- (6)To conduct surveys and analysis, so as to improve products and services
- (7)To contact customers
- (8)To report meeting summary or discussion content in NEC Corporation or NEC Group
- (9)To propose our solution in future
- (10)NEC Corporation (Japan) or NEC Group may send Thank you letter to you from Japan or from NEC Group each location
3. Legal Basis for Processing your Personal data
The legal basis for using and collecting your personal data will depend on the personal data we collect from you.
- Visitors are required to accept this policy and consent to it, prior to processing of your personal data for making inquiries through our website or obtaining your information from your visitor pass.
- NEC’s legitimate interests which include, but not limited to, the provision of this website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing activities, follow-up satisfaction surveys.
5. With Whom we Share your Personal Data with
For the purposes states above, we may share information you provide with one or more of our affiliates and distributors throughout the world. We also share information provided by you with service providers that have been retained to perform services on our behalf or on behalf of our affiliates. Please note that some affiliates and third parties may be located in countries outside of the EEA that do not have data protection laws that are equivalent to those of your country. However, we take adequate measures to ensure that your personal data will at all times be protected in accordance with applicable regulations.
6. Categories of the Personal Data
Contact details collected through business card exchanges, Meeting Summary or memo, Discussion contents
7. Period for which the Personal Data Will Be Stored
Personal data may be stored for as long as necessary to achieve the stated purpose for using it.
8. Rights of the Data Subject
You have the following rights under European and UK Data Protection Laws in relation to our processing of data about you.
- The right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject
- The right to object to processing concerning the data subject
- The right to data portability: The right to receive the personal data, which the data subject has provided to a data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided to controller 1 (1) above
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if it exists, in the country or region that the data object belongs
9. Statutory or Contractual Requirement Concerning the Provision of the Personal Data
Provision of the personal data is not a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, and you are not obliged to provide personal data. However, if you choose not to provide personal data, it may not be possible to correspond based on above Purposes of Processing for the Personal Data.
10. Non-existence of Automated Decision-making Including Profiling
We do not make decisions that might affect you based solely on automatic processing of the personal data that you provide, including profiling, in order to analyze or predict your likes and dislikes or personal behavior.
11. Security of Processing the Personal Data
Recipients of the personal data implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.
The contact form on this page uses encrypted communication via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for personal data protection.
NEC has appointed an EU and UK representative for our business that are processing personal data within the scope of European and UK Data Protection Laws (where applicable). For further details, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice for Californian Residents
Personal Information That We Collect
NEC collects the following information:
your corporate information (name of company, division, address, line of work, position), name, email address,
phone number, questionnaire response, access logs, inquiry content
We do not collect any sensitive personal information from you.
Use of Personal Information
NEC uses your personal information to respond to your inquiries and requests related to the event and to provide relevant marketing materials (DM, email, phone, etc) to you.
How We Collect Information
In relation to the MWC2023 event, we collect your personal information directly from you through the inquiry page or other means when you actively submit to us.
Sharing of Personal Information
NEC does not share personal information of Californian residents with third parties, including NEC group companies and NEC affiliates.
Sale of Personal Information
Your personal information is sold when it is shared with a third party for monetary or other valuable considerations.
NEC does not sell your personal information, thus we do not provide an opt-out.
NEC will retain the information we receive about you until 31 March 2024, unless a shorter or longer period is required by California or Federal law.
CCPA and CPRA provide you with the following rights:
- Knowledge of information collected;
- Deletion of information collected;
- Opt-out of information collected;
- Opt-in of information collected;
- Correction of information collected;
- Go to court;
- Limit use of information collected;
- Not to be discriminated or retaliated against for exercising rights under the law.
You can submit a request to us using the contact form provided on our website and/or email@example.com. However we reserve the right to use information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of the individual, we may require additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.
Last Updated: 27 January 2023