Through this white paper Frost & Sullivan focuses on five key areas of Society 5.0: Digital Government, Digital Finance, Digital Healthcare, Digital Mobility, and Digital Sustainability. This document also showcases NEC’s strong capabilities in developing advanced technology solutions to enable a human-centered society.
Society 5.0, envisions a sustainable, inclusive socio-economic system, empowered by digital technologies such as Big Data, AI, IoT, 5G, robotics, and more. The convergence of cyberspace and physical space is realized to support the enhancement of human activities and create better living standards, creating a new valued society that brings human-centricity to its core. Citizens’ lifestyles will experience profound changes and improvements, and Society 5.0 solutions are being leveraged to enhance the user experience and provide the best services to customers.
Controller of the Personal Data
- (1) Company name : NEC Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "NEC")
- (2) Contact details : General Manager, Integrated Marketing Communication Division, NEC Corporation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- (3) Postal address : 7-1, Shiba 5-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo Japan 108-8001
Categories of the Personal Data
Personal data includes name, title, residential country and city, e-mail address, company name, job title and industry.
Purposes of Processing for the Personal Data
- (1) To respond to inquiries.
- (2) To respond to requests (such as by providing materials or information, or returning verification results).
- (3) To introduce or relay information about companies (NEC Group companies, NEC distributors, etc.) that deal with NEC products, services, and solutions.
- (4) To provide information or publicity materials about NEC products, services, and solutions.
- (5) To provide information about events such as seminars and exhibitions.
- (6) To conduct surveys and analyses, and analyze website access trends so as to improve products and services.
- (7) To contact customers for any further follow-up in communications.
Recipients of the Personal Data
NEC, NEC Group companies, their distributors and agents, NEC affiliates throughout the world, and companies that operate and manage NEC's inquiry site in Japan, upon the assurance that sufficient safety control measures have been established, which have concluded agreements concerning the processing of personal data, to provide services to their customers, within the scope of the stated purposes for using personal data.
Overseas Transfer of the Personal Data
NEC manages and operates this white paper download page in Japan.
- (1) Information transfer to a third country: Upon receipt of your download request, your personal data will be sent to Japan.
- (2) Existence or absence of an adequacy decision by the European Commission: As of January 23rd, 2019, Japan has been recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection of personal data.
- (3) Appropriate protection measures: NEC manages the personal data with which it is entrusted through the appropriate implementation of security measures such as access identification and authentication, restrictions on access, authority management, record-keeping, protection against illegal software, and safe procedures for transferring and transmitting data.
- (4) Means and place for the acquisition of the copy of appropriate security measures: You can obtain the copy of documents for appropriate safeguards by contacting to Integrated Marketing Communication Division, NEC.
Period for Which the Personal Data Will Be Stored
Personal data may be stored for as long as necessary to achieve the stated purpose for using it.
Rights of the Data Subject
You have the right with regard to the personal data which you provide as follows:
- The right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject
- The right to object to processing concerning the data subject
- The right to data portability: The right to receive the personal data, which the data subject has provided to a data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided (NEC)
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if it exists, in the country or region that the data object belongs.
Satutory or Contractual Requirement Concerning the Provision of the Personal Data
Provision of the personal data is not a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, and you are not obliged to provide personal data. However, if you choose not to provide personal data, it may not be possible to respond to some inquiries.
Non-existence of Decision-making Based Solely on Automated Processing
The access log for this website undergoes analysis, however, we do not make decisions that might affect you based solely on automated processing of the personal data that you provide, including profiling, in order to analyze or predict your likes and dislikes or personal behavior.
If you are under the age of 18, please make you provide your personal data to NEC ONLY AFTER obtaining consent given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility over you.
The download form on this page uses encrypted communication via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for personal data protection.
Security of Processing the Personal Data
Recipients of the personal data implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.