New solutions to global challenges
- ● Risk of terrorism, pandemics and other safety threats
- ● Labor shortage for customer support services and airport capacity limitations
- ● Customer dissatisfaction and shopping opportunity loss by increasing waiting time.
- ● Pre-registration
- Register your passport, credit card, and health information along with your face image before departure to use the services you want while you travel.
● Passports and boarding passes will no longer need to be shown for check-in, baggage drop-off, security checks, passport control, boarding or any other departure procedures.
- ● Transportaion –
- Purchase passes and board efficiently
- ● Hotels –
- No more check-in procedures and room keys
- ● Shopping –
- No need to use your card
- ● Restaurants –
- Serving customers with handled food allergies.
- ● Tourist attractions –
- Enjoy smooth entry and optimal transit routes
e examined by a local doctor who can check your pre-registered health information. Insurance procedures will also be processed smoothly.
Digital ID will utilize personal information that has been consented for use solely for purposes designated by the individual at the time of pre-registration.
- [NEC Group Policy on Biometric Authentication Utilization]
- NEC has enacted the NEC Group AI and Human Rights Principles in order to conduct business operations with respect for privacy and human rights as the highest priority in the social implementation of AI (Artificial Intelligence) and the utilization of biometrics and other data.
- >> For more information (PDF)
Face recognition is revitalizing this resort and enabling hospitality to be extended throughout its region. Tourists will be greeted at the airport with a welcome board, enter their hotel rooms without keys, and pay at stores and restaurants without cards, providing them with an enhanced and more enjoyable travel experience.
- Case 3
- NEC is working on enhancing travel experiences through biometric authenticationin collaboration with Star Alliance. >>
- Case 4
- NEC is commissioned to install electronic customs procedures systems for six major airports around Japan. >>