Stadium solutions supporting world-class sports and entertainment
Excitement for the world-class sports events in Brazil is building around the world. I flew all the way from Japan to Brazil to get the inside scoop! Why, you ask? Well, it has to do with the stadiums where the events are taking place. I heard that NEC technology is used in these stadiums, and I couldn't wait to find out more!
Before our interview, I had a look around the Arena Pernambuco in Recife. It's exciting to think that it hosts to a throng of tens of thousands of sports fans!
Stadiums must be run in a way that protects the safety and security of the many spectators, while providing them with convenience and comfort. I learned that NEC's information and communications technology (ICT) solutions are helping make this possible. Who would have thought that NEC's technology is being used at stadiums in Brazil, on the other side of the planet!
Let's find out more from NEC's Mr. Takakuwa.
Mr. Takakuwa is in charge of the business unit at NEC Latin America, which handled development of these stadium solutions.
- MitaFirst up, can you tell us which stadiums NEC is involved with, Mr. Takakuwa?
- TakakuwaWell, to start with there's the Arena Pernambuco, where Japan will play its first match, and the Arena das Dunas, where it will play its second. Then there's the Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador, and the Arena da Baixada in Curitiba. Finally, there's the Arena do Grêmio in Porto Alegre, which will be used as the official training field.
- MitaWhat role does NEC play at these stadiums?
- TakakuwaWe provide comprehensive ICT solutions that allow spectators to spend time at stadiums in comfort and safety from the time they enter to the time they leave. Projects this massive in scale involve many companies around the world. We integrate the broad array of equipment provided by these companies, such as sound systems and screens.
- MitaIsn't it tricky to integrate products and technology from a range of different companies?
- TakakuwaIn our projects, we use technology from an average of 10 companies of various types. Individually these technologies may not be that extraordinary, but when integrated they are extremely effective. That's why we provide customers with systems that use products from a number of other companies.
- MitaFascinating. Why was NEC chosen as the system integrator?
- TakakuwaBuilding a single system that combines a diverse range of devices, such as video, audio, and networking equipment, is a challenging task that requires experience, knowledge, and know-how. NEC had proven it was a company capable of doing this.