*** For immediate use February 13, 2013
Tokyo, February 13, 2013 - NEC Corporation (NEC; TSE: 6701) and NEC Casio Mobile Communications, Ltd. will showcase a series of cutting-edge smart device technologies at Mobile World Congress 2013 at the Fira Gran Via, Barcelona, Spain, from February 25 - 28, 2013, Hall 3, Stand 3B4. Please see the following URL and below for further detail: http://www.nec.com/en/event/mwc/
World's Lightest 7-inch Tablet (*1)
- The "MEDIAS TAB UL N-08D" Tablet from docomo (reference exhibit) The MEDIAS TAB UL N-08D is the world's lightest tablet weighing only 249g (0.549lb) and measuring 7.9mm in thickness. An amazingly light body and powerful features create new use cases and user experiences. With a high-fidelity piezo actuator (*2) that supports haptics technologies, the MEDIAS TAB UL N-08D delivers a dramatically better user experience in playing games and typing on a virtual keyboard. Two divided windows are useful for searching for and comparing information.
Cloud Communicator "LT-L"
The LT-L is a slim, lightweight 10.1-inch tablet with rich functions. It features speedy operations thanks to the 1.5GHz dual-core CPU and a wide viewing angle with a 10.1-inch high-resolution LCD. Enhanced security functions and an HDMI output terminal that enables connectivity to projectors for sharp presentations make the LT-L well suited for business use.
The Latest Smartphones (reference exhibit)
- "MEDIAS W N-05E" from the "docomo NEXT series" of smartphones
- This two-screen design enables both the convenience of portability and the visibility of a large, 5.6-inch display when opened.
When closed, the MEDIAS W N-05E becomes a compact, 4.3-inch display smartphone that supports high-speed LTE "Xi" (crossy) communications. The easy-to-use "W browser," enabled by the dual-screen design, allows users to browse two websites at the same time or to view a single site or application across both screens, such as a map or news site.
- "MEDIAS Χ N-04E" from the "docomo with series" of smartphones
- The MEDIAS Χ N-04E features a 4.7-inch organic HD EL display and 1.5GHz quad-core CPU while supporting high-speed LTE "Xi" (crossy) communications. This high-spec model also features a 13.1 million pixel camera, blue light cut control and wireless charging.
- "MEDIAS U N-02E" from the "docomo with series" of smartphones
- The MEDIAS U N-02E features "PLUSPROOF(TM)," which provides 5 points protection against shock and scratching, while supporting high-speed LTE "Xi" (crossy) communications. The adoption of a reinforced glass provides this model with superior resistance to scratches and the impacts from falling (*3). Furthermore, the rear-cover of these devices feature a new coating that is resistant to fingerprints and dirt, while supporting a waterproof level of (IPX5/8) and a dust-proof level of (IP5X).
The MEDIAS TAB UL and the smartphones outlined above are available in Japan. For further information or to register for Forums please visit: http://www.nec.com/mwc
(*1) Study conducted among devices with LCD screens larger than 6-inches (Source: NEC research as of August 28, 2012).
(*2) Realistic tactile feedback is achieved by attaching a piezo haptic device that is 10 times faster than existing actuators to the LCD panel.
(*3) Shock resistance is not a guarantee of protection against all impacts. MIL-STD-810G Method 516.6-Shock
Xi is a registered trademark of NTT DOCOMO, INC.
PLUSPROOF is a registered trademark of NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd.
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company's experience and global resources, NEC's advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society. For more information, visit NEC athttp://www.nec.com
NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. (C)2013 NEC Corporation.
NEC Press Contacts (Japan)