Case Study: Bradford College
Bradford College - The United Kingdom
One of the biggest universities in the United Kingdom with 3 campuses with 30,000 students and 2,500 employed staff
|System scale||360 desktops|
|Countries / Regions (Languages)||The United Kingdom (English)|
- They plan to renovate campus to accommodate 15,000 students and 1,000 employed staff. As they do so, they want to reduce burden of PC installation.
- USB storage, Proximity card reader and Flash support are required to let student bring their own data with them as they change classrooms.
- They need PC environment no different from standard PC for students to study efficiently.
NEC IT approach
|Thin Client Terminals||360 X US100 |
Thin Client Terminals
|VPCC Servers||8 X VPCC server |
1 X Management server
IT improvements & user benefits
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) reduction ; PC replacement with little burden
- Full screen flash & video support
- USB storage connectivity, RFID card security
- Very good match with education requirements
- Fan-less = Noiseless
- Compact chassis and very reliable
- Good protection against Theft