Due to unadaptability of the style sheet with the browser used in your computer, pages may not look as original.
Even in such a case, however, the contents can be used safely.
NEC Corporation is pleased to introduce its Portable DNA Analyzer, a state-of-the-art solution employing best-of-breed technologies from NEC Research Laboratories, Japan. NEC has long provided leading-edge identification systems to clients around the world and this new customized solution is built on standard modules incorporating NEC’s latest products and technologies.
For a quick and easy intro, please watch this video:
Demand for DNA identification is growing
- Rising demand for DNA analysis and identification request in criminal cases
- Faster, more accurate tools for solving complex crimes
- Rising demand for faster DNA analysis and throughput
- Compact for improved portability
- Lab-on-a-chip Technology
- Full analysis in only 25 minutes
- Simple DNA analysis process
1.Collect cells from blood samples and/or oral swab (using a cotton bud).
2.Extract DNA from collected cells using special reagents.
3.Multiply specific DNA fragments via PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction).
4.Measure DNA fragment size via electrophoresis. (Fragments travel through a charged polymer gel matrix at different rates depending on their size.)
5.Identify the person via Short Tandem Repeat analysis of repeated sequences.
NEC miniaturized technology proven in current systems to enable DNA analysis using a special chip and microliters of liquid.
- A chip made by printing patterns on adhesive silicone film
- Technology for efficient use of liquid.
- High-speed PCR amplification for the micro liter of liquid
- A small spectrograph detects multicolor fluorescent dye
- STR by electrophoresis analysis / Analysis program