Traffic Management Solution
-improves customer experience and maximizes ROI of communications service providers (CSPs)-
TMS (Traffic Management Solution), through implementation of various solutions, can improve Customer Experience and offer more comfortable environment to smartphone end-users. The solution helps CSPs to increase mobile internet usage, to reduce CAPEX/OPEX and to generate new revenue streams for maximizing Return on Investment (ROI).
- TMS, through implementation of Throughput acceleration, Traffic volume reduction and Monetization, can improve Customer Experience and offer the following key benefits to smartphone end-users for further loyalty commitment.
2.More cost-effective performance
3.More secured & convenient service
- These three key benefits help CSPs to win loyalty commitment, to increase mobile internet usage, to reduce CAPEX/OPEX and to generate new revenue streams.
- AGILITY: to dynamically and automatically configure proper optimization parameters in accordance with the latest traffic pattern
- Network performance improvement can be achieved thanks to NEC's unique technologies such as Dynamic Bandwidth Optimization (DBO), SSL-encrypted Pacing and Dynamic TCP Optimization.
- Provides high effect optimization to handle ever-increasing encrypted mobile data traffic.
- Provides high network performance even for high-speed communication system on wireless network (such as LTE-Advanced).
- VISIBILITY: to create the reports of Network Performance and the Effect of Optimization
- Traffic characteristics such as types/time/location of services can be monitored in real-time and end-user's behavior can be visualized for further analysis
- Quantify Quality of Experience (QoE NOTE-1) with standard indicator (MOS value NOTE-2) and visualize them on map.
- Enables MVNOs(NOTE-4) wishing to more effectively utilize bandwidth leased from MNOs (NOTE-3) to simulate the reduction effect of leased bandwidth fee (OPEX reductions) based on traffic reduction volume
- Enables CSPs verify the effects of improved QoE on mobile communication service usage by visualization of traffic increases.
- ANALYSIS: to detect problematic points in network, diagnose and improve network status based on NEC's expertise
- Potential network problems can be detected, diagnosed and improved based on visualized information.
- SCALABILITY: to enable highly scalable configuration, from small deployment (such as ~1Gbps) to larger deployment (such as a few Tbps), without affecting existing network equipment
- Deployment on a small scale can be enabled thanks to virtualized technology. Moreover, higher scale-out configuration can be realized with proper combination of virtual machines and appliances.
- Enables TMS to operate independently from existing network core systems (such as EPC and GGSN), and can be simply added on to the system without affecting existing equipment.
- CUSTOMIZATION: to flexibly customize the solution by adapting to the requirement of MNOs and MVNOs, having different focus and business models
- For MNOs adopting Tiered Data Plan, the solution customized to improve throughput fits best.
- For MVNOs having payment contract based on bandwidth with MNOs, the solution customized to maximize the efficiency of network usage fits best.
- Even for MNOs/MVNOs who are already using an existing solution, the solution customized to optimize encrypted traffic by controlling the flow without degrading QoE may fit.
- We can flexibly propose such solution tailored to the needs of MNOs and MVNOs.
→ See the Use Cases page for more information.
- QoE is an abbreviation for "Quality of Experience" and it represents a service quality that users experience. For instance, QoE for mobile video is measured by such items as time to start video playback, number of stalls during video playback and aggregated length of stalls during video playback.
- In order for CSPs to understand true network performance, QoE must be taken into account in addition to other indicators such as network coverage and throughput.
- NEC realized measurement and quantification of QoE as MOS.
- NEC defines network performance as a combination of three indicators; network coverage, throughput and newly added QoE.
NOTE-4: MVNO is abbreviation for Mobile Virtual Network Operator.
* TMS : Traffic Management Solution
* Contents described here may be changed without notice for improvement.
* Names of companies and products described here are trademarks or registered trademarks of the companies.