About NEC's Social Media Policy
When using social media NEC Group employees must observe this NEC’s social media policy.
Awareness and responsibilities associated with posted information and responses to social media
- Always be aware that information delivered over the Internet can be accessed by an unspecified number of users with varying backgrounds. Be aware that once information is disclosed over a network it can never be deleted completely.
- Fully understand that individual postings may carry serious consequences. Be responsible when sending out and responding to information on social media, and take care not to mislead other users.
Promotion of marketing communications through proper information sharing
- Don't forget to take listen. First and foremost with social media you have to listen to other users.
- Always remember that strengthening ties with employees and stakeholders through communications not only increases individual employee value, but also contributes greatly to improving the NEC brand.
- Learn through experience. Share this experience both inside and outside the company to contribute to the growth of as many individuals and communities as possible.
As a Corporate Citizen
When posting information, employees are obliged to abide by relevant laws and NEC internal regulations.
When conducting on-going interactions
We have various guidelines for NEC Group employees in addition to this policy regarding the business and personal use of social media.
To our Customer and Users
- Please be aware that information posted on social media by the NEC Group employees do not necessarily represent the official opinions or announcements of the NEC Group. Official announcements are published in press releases and are posted on the NEC website or those of NEC group companies.
- The method of engagement (whether responses are permitted, methodology, active times, etc.) differs according to the account. Please refer to the Official Social Media Accounts list for details on the operation of each account.