Non-disruptive backup of data services on multiple servers
Issue prior to introduction
- There are multiple computer systems and a backup must be made for each server, making management and operations complicated.
- Is it possible to create backups easily even in such a condition?
Solution and result
- Using the data replication function of NEC Storage S4900 (in-chassis replication function: NEC Storage DynamicDataReplication), backups of data on multiple servers can be made in an integrated fashion without stopping the service.
- Replicas can be made without stopping the service.
- Two generations of backups are made in response to high-speed restoration requests.
- By integrating equipment and operations, it will become possible to backup data without stopping the service.
Configuration example (Non-disruptive backup of data services on multiple servers)