NEC Storage VASA provider
About VASA Provider
VMware vSphere Storage APIs for Storage Awareness(VASA) enables unprecedented coordination between vSphere/vCenter and storage arrays. It provides built-in storage insight in vCenter to support intelligent VM storage provisioning, bolster storage troubleshooting and enable new DRS-related use cases for storage.
NEC supports vSphere Storage APIs for Storage Awareness via the provider, downloadable from this webpage. This provider is compatible with vSphere/vCenter and supports storage array makes and models list as described on the VMware Compatibility Guide.
[Important] About the version of NEC Storage VASA provider.
Please choose the difference version of NEC Storage VASA provider according to Whether use the VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes.
- Choose V2.4 if you use the VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes. *1*2
- Choose V1.3 if you do not use the VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes.
- *1Please use WebSAM Storage VASA Provider V2.4.058 if you use the backup function (backup by OnlineBackup.bat, or backup by vSphere Web Client plug-in), because the backup function would use snapshot function.
- *2Even if you did not use snapshot action, some other actions(e.g. xvMotion) would use snapshot function. Please update WebSAM Storage VASA Provider to V2.4.058 if you use the WebSAM Storage VASA Provider before V2.4.057.
About Virtual Volumes
Virtual Volumes function is a powerful technology that integrates managements for virtual hosts and storages. In Virtual Volumes environments, each VM can use storage functions (backup, I/O control, performance analysis and so on) separately. Virtual Volumes function requires VASA Providers and NEC Storage Virtual Volume licenses.
The storage's configuration information provided by NEC Storage VASA provider is managed as the configuration information of datastore which stores virtual disks.
The configuration information of datastore enables datastore to be located as per service level which is set on virtual machine.
- Displaying the storage's configuration information as the configuration information of datastore.
- Locating datastore according to the service level set on the virtual machine.
NEC Storage VASA provider supports the VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes provided in VMware vSphere 6.0.
- When use the Virtual Volume, download the NEC Storage VASA provider V2.4 ([manual(V2.4)],[program(V2.4)]) and use it.
* About the manual of the installer of NEC Storage VASA provider V2.4, please refer to IS069 "NEC Storage Software Virtual Volume User's Manual" 's "2.2 Setting up VASA Provider"
- When not use the Virtual Volume, download the NEC Storage VASA provider V1.3([install guide(V1.3)],[program(V1.3)]) and use it.
- NEC Storage M310F/M710F not be support in the environment that not use the Virtual Volume.
- If using the old version, uninstall it and install the new version. In this case, the options in the old version are compatible with the new version.
- When installing the NEC Storage VASA provider V2.4, please refer to IS069 "NEC Storage Software Virtual Volume User's Manual" 's "2.2 Setting up VASA Provider".
File name: IS069-4E.pdf (File type:PDF File size:4.67MB)
IS069 "NEC Storage Software Virtual Volume User's Manual"
File name: SETUP_VASAProviderV2458en.zip (File type:ZIP File size:39MB)
Download items(md5 Checksum: 0f45e7bbcf0f7776641e9922e90c6472)
File name: InstallGuide_V1.3_r4_E.pdf (File type:PDF File size:0.98MB)
File name: SETUP_VASAProviderV131en.zip (File type:ZIP File size:30.1MB)
Download items(md5 Checksum: 59af13c8c834aced75c47ecc8bf03095)