The NEC Express5800/R120b-2 is a dual-socket 2U rack server enabling high-density mounting and combining outstanding performance, reliability, energy saving parts and green technology.
In addition, the platform features internal expandability and large memory capacity for future growth.
Key hardware features
- Powered by Intel® Xeon® 5500 and 5600 series processors integrating Intel® QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) technology, the R120b-2 achieves significant throughput performance improvement
- Up to 192GB of DDR3 memory with 2/3/4/6 way interleave
- Up to twelve 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch SAS/SATA disk drives,with optional RAID level 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and 50 capability
- Five available PCI Express2.0 expansion slots as standard, allowing users to customize the expansion slot mix with optional riser cards
- Support for 80 PLUS® Gold certified energy efficient power supply, low-voltage DDR3L DIMMs, and dynamic fan control increase power efficiency
- Qualify with the energy efficiency specifications of the international ENERGY STAR® program led by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Simplified setup and management
- EXPRESSBUILDER is a bundled setup support tool that provides step-by-step guides via intuitive graphic interface and automates the setup process, dramatically reducing hands-on management of the server.
- For simplified remote mangement, the integrated ESMPRO management software and EXPRESSSCOPE Engine 2 chipset enables the monitoring, control and troubleshooting of your system, with no need to travel for on-site operational tasks.
Ideal environments and applications
- The R120b-2 is designed for medium to large businesses needing superior expandability, reliability and manageability to perform compute-intensive tasks