We established our Corporate Philosophy, NEC Group Charter of Corporate Behavior, and NEC Group Code of Conduct because we are keenly aware of our social responsibilities as a large corporation. We have also established an Environmental Charter to detail our environmental principles and action plans, which are followed rigorously within the NEC Group.
NEC will contribute to a sound environment and a livable society through technology that harmonizes with nature and through production that is environmentally friendly.
Our vision is a world where our natural environment is preserved, enabling all people to pursue their full potential.
(Preamble) NEC will make harmony with the environment one of its primary goals so that each individual within the company will act with this in mind. Respect for and preservation of the environment is our priority.
- To produce energy and resource saving products, while giving careful thought to environmental and safety issues in development and planning.
- To encourage the development of environmental technology on all levels: production, sales, distribution, use and disposal of a product. To introduce materials, engineering and recycling methods that will minimize adverse effects on the environment.
- To respect and adhere to national and regional environmental regulations. To strive to strengthen and enforce even stricter NEC environmental standards.
- To contribute positively to society through an environmental management program with a global perspective, while educating and raising the environmental consciousness of all company members.
- To provide a structured administrative organization for environmental management, with executives in charge of different areas, to delegate responsibilities and to be in the forefront of environmental matters at all times.
- To maintain and strengthen an independent environmental management system and to implement improvement measures based on internal environmental company audits.
- To contribute to environmental protection by continuously making public announcements on the latest NEC developments in environmental technologies and management methods.